About Single Thread Theatre Company
Founded in 2003, Single Thread Theatre Company uses non-traditional spaces to explore history and culture in a provocative way. For fifteen years, Single Thread has produced site-specific, immersive theatre across Ontario, with long production histories in the cities of Toronto and Kingston. The company was named Best Site Specific Theatre Company by NOW magazine in 2014 and has had work featured at the Pan-Am Games, the Art Gallery of Ontario, and many others. Single Thread seeks to engage and inspire audiences with themes of universal significance.
This Artist Producer will work closely with the Single Thread Artistic Director to develop concepts and coordinate logistics for various summer initiatives, as well as contribute to the development of upcoming initiatives for Fall 2018, including an immersive learning project with a local primary school. The Artist Producer will have the opportunity to work alongside theatre professionals while gaining experience in site-specific theatre production.
- Work collaboratively with the Artistic Director to accomplish artistic and organizational goals;
- Assist with the creation of agendas, schedules, calendars, and other production administration;
- Assist in casting and hiring of production teams;
- Attend production and post-production meetings as required;
- Assist with the costing and procurement of materials and services;
- Attend load-ins/outs, tech week rehearsals, and opening night and other performances as needed;
- Maintain Single Thread’s relationships with organizational and artistic partners, including attending meetings and events;
- Provide support to other Single Thread initiatives, including exploring potential partnerships;
- Other duties as required.
- Experience in stage and/or production management
- Project management and organization skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work well independently and meet deadlines
- Willingness to pitch in and take on diverse tasks
- Available to work evenings and weekends where necessary
- Proficient in MS Office
- Valid Ontario G Driver’s License considered an asset
This position is funded through Canada Summer Jobs, which means that applicants must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year;
- intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act;
- be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Salary: $14.35 per hour.
Hours: 30 hours per week for 12 weeks to start 21 May 2018. Evenings and weekends required as necessary.
Application deadline: 22 April, 2018
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org