About Single Thread Theatre Company
Founded in 2003, Single Thread Theatre Company uses non-traditional spaces to explore history and culture in a provocative way. For fifteen years, Single Thread has produced site-specific, immersive theatre across Ontario, with long production histories in the cities of Toronto and Kingston. The company was named Best Site Specific Theatre Company by NOW magazine in 2014 and has had work featured at the Pan-Am Games, the Art Gallery of Ontario, and many others. Single Thread seeks to engage and inspire audiences with themes of universal significance.
The Assistant Finance Director will work closely with the Single Thread Finance Director to drive the development and implementation of a new financial management system and manage finances for Single Thread’s Summer and Fall 2018 projects. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the management of an arts organization whose operations have grown exponentially over the past year.
- Leading the development and implementation of a new financial management for Single Thread, in close coordination with the Single Thread Finance Director;
- Managing bookkeeping for Single Thread;
- Creating and maintaining operational and project budgets;
- Liaising with cast and production teams to ensure all necessary paperwork is received and filed;
- Managing and maintaining payroll;
- Preparing monthly financial reports for the Single Thread board;
- Filing with the Canadian Revenue Agency on behalf of Single Thread;
- Other duties as required.
- Familiarity with accounting principles and standards and/or bookkeeping experience
- Experience in business management
- Strong understanding of budget preparation and fiscal management
- Familiarity with accounting software
- Well-developed management and administrative skills
- Superb organization skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Experience working with arts organizations considered a strong asset
This position is funded through Canada Summer Jobs, which means that applicants must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year;
- intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act;
- be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Salary: $14.35 per hour.
Hours: 30 hours per week for 12 weeks to start 1 May 2018.
Application deadline: 22 April, 2018
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org