About Single Thread Theatre Company
Founded in 2003, Single Thread Theatre Company uses non-traditional spaces to explore history and culture in a provocative way. For fifteen years, Single Thread has produced site-specific, immersive theatre across Ontario, with long production histories in the cities of Toronto and Kingston. The company was named Best Site Specific Theatre Company by NOW magazine in 2014 and has had work featured at the Pan-Am Games, the Art Gallery of Ontario, and many others. Single Thread seeks to engage and inspire audiences with themes of universal significance.
The Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for planning, unifying and executing a unified Single Thread brand across all marketing and branding initiatives. They will develop and implement specific marketing campaigns for Single Thread’s contributions to the Kick & Push Festival and contribute to marketing plans for upcoming projects. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to brand identity and marketing strategies for an innovative, site-specific theatre company.
- Assist in the creation of a unified Single Thread marketing plan across all relevant media channels;
- Work with production teams to create effective marketing plans and media collateral for various projects;
- Organize Single Thread brand assets (such as photos, press coverage etc.) and make recommendations as to how to leverage these assets;
- Create new content that will help grow Single Thread’s online following and brand recognition;
- Manage, schedule and position Single Thread social media;
- Collaborate with marketing and branding professionals to gain insight on how to best position the Single Thread brand;
- Represent Single Thread at community and arts events;
- Contribute to the design and implementation of publicity-related events, including drafting press releases, liaising with media, managing design needs;
- Other duties as required.
- Experience in theatre marketing and/public relations
- Project management and organization skills
- Creative thinker with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work well independently and meet deadlines
- Proficient in MS Office
- Willingness to pitch in and take on diverse tasks
- Available to work evenings and weekends where necessary
- Graphic design skills considered a strong asset
- Video production skills considered a strong asset
- Photography skills considered a strong asset
This position is funded through Canada Summer Jobs, which means that applicants must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year;
- intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act;
- be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Salary: $14.35 per hour.
Hours: 30 hours per week for 12 weeks to start 1 June 2018. Evenings and weekends required as necessary.
Application deadline: 22 April, 2018
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com